Monday, January 6, 2014

House in the Hillside

I went to Iceland for the first time in October of 2012. It was the most fantastic experience I could have ever imagined - the landscape is gorgeous, the light is lovely at all times of day, the animals are adorable, and the people are some of the nicest I've ever met. How could you ask for more on a vacation?

With that in mind, I was already planning my return trip before I was halfway through the first. And now, that next trip is finally getting close! I'm headed back in May of this year and have been getting excited going back through my photos, well-worn road map, and handwritten notes of all the places I didn't get to the first time. I absolutely cannot wait!

House in the Hillside
One of the random things I loved about Iceland was driving along long deserted roads with nothing in sight but grass and sheep, and then all of a sudden coming up on single buildings or dwellings just seemingly plopped down in the middle of nowhere. Like the side of a hill.




No comments:

Post a Comment