Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sparkle

I was having a conversation with someone recently who is very nice and polite about it, but doesn't really care for my style of photography; she's more into the 'realistic' style that's a little less colorful and soft, more along the lines of how things look to your eye. This of course, is a perfectly valid opinion; my taste happens to run the opposite. She did however, point out, that for her, my pictures just didn't look like 'photography'.

I thought about this for a while and I agree with her. The only reason I call the pictures I make "photography" is because that's the medium they are created in. They aren't digital art with pieces superimposed or hand-made additions or the like, they are just photos that were 'developed' in a digital darkroom instead of a film one. They just happen to be developed to my personal taste and style - colorful and often with just a bit of sparkle.

Whatever you call it - photography, art, blasphemy (haha) - thanks to all of you for all the kind words and comments of support over the last few years, it has really meant a lot to me. :)

Sparkle
This was another one of a series of photos I took at Nooksack Falls earlier this year. I always love winter, but looking back at my spring and summer photos is already starting to get me in the mood for spring wildflowers and baby animals. Overeager much?

Nooksack Falls, Olympic Penninsula, HDR, Mount Rainier, Nature, Pacific Northwest, Trees, Washington State, Water, Nooksack Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment