Thursday, May 9, 2013

At Ease

I have the worst time coming up with titles for my pictures. Browsing through other photographer's portfolios, I see lots of wonderful photo names - creative, funny, whimsical, and always perfect. I don't understand how they do it... my brain just doesn't work that way. I've never ever been a creative writer, and words don't just flow through my head when I look at an image. I can remember exactly how I felt at the moment every single one of my photos was taken, but ask me to translate that feeling into a title, and I'm at an absolute loss.

Except this time around.

There is just no better description of how I felt when this photo was taken.

At Ease
I have decided that my little $30 Washington State Parks Discover Pass is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time! I purchased the one-year pass in January, and five months later I've more than gotten my money's worth. Our state has all sorts of wonderful parks from itty-bitty barely there lots to ginormous sweeping mountains, most special in their own little way. Many offer photogenic landscapes and a wonderful place to park a car, turn on some music, and just enjoy a sunset.

This particular evening, I visited Birch Bay State Park and had myself a lovely night sitting out on the rocks all alone with nothing but the sound of waves and camera clicks. I could not have titled this photo any more exactly.

Click the picture to purchase a fine art print! 



No comments:

Post a Comment