Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Barely There Sunset

Howarth Park Beach in Everett, Washington is a cute little place. There's a big park and playground up on a hill overlooking the water, and there's a lower beach area that you get to by driving down through a bit of a forest, parking, and then taking an overpass across some railroad tracks out to the water. A friend took me to Howarth Park a year or two ago, but I never realized there was a lower beach until a week or so ago when I was just driving aimelessly in the evening looking for an interesting place to take a photo and I saw some directional signs hidden behind and overgrown tree.

The Barely There Sunset
Normally I have a preference for not-overly-artsy photography, but when I was playing around with this one, I just kept coming back to a saturated blue sky. I don't know why, I just couldn't help myself. The blur in the tree is 100% real from using an extended shutter speed when it was windy out.

No comments:

Post a Comment