Sunday, February 26, 2012

Deception Rays

I normally have horrible luck picking which days to get up early for sunrise photography. Normally I'm wide awake and ready to go on days that turn out to be grey and colorless, and never get up on the days that turn out to be spectacular.

The weather has been icky here for a couple of days and even though the forecast was continued rain with snow, something about the way the clouds were breaking up last night made me think that there just might be a chance of some good color this morning.

Well, I'm thrilled to say that for once I went with my gut instinct and it turned out to be right on! I got out of bed at 3:30 this morning and braved two small snowstorms on the highway to make it up to Deception Pass by 6am on the chance that there would be some good color. This was what I was treated to for my efforts...



No comments:

Post a Comment