Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fire and Ice

Apparently I need to have more faith
A friend and I had made a date to hang out for some sunset photography last night but all day yesterday it was grey and overcast and I was kindof disappointed and really didn't expect anything spectacular to happen. But the clouds and light really started changing in the last few hours of daylight, and we ended up having one of the most beautiful sunsets that I have seen in many months.

Fire and Ice
We chose to go shooting in Edmonds and after a bit of driving around and checking out the various views, we decided our best option for some great sunset shots would be from the fishing pier at the north end of the marina. It provides a great view of the mountains, but when it's 40-some-odd degrees in the middle of October and you throw in the cold wind coming straight off the water, it feels like it's about 10 degrees below freezing. My friend and I suffered on the pier for a good hour or so watching the sky go from bland to light pink to bright orange to deep, deep red. We were both numb for a good half hour afterward, but I think it turned out to be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment